Pork Chile VerdeFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 8 fresh Anaheim chiles shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 pounds trimmed boneless pork shoulder, shopping list
- cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups (or more) water shopping list
How to make it
- Char Anaheim chiles over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in plastic bag 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop chiles.
- Stir cumin seeds in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Transfer to spice grinder; process until finely ground. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; saut? 3 minutes. Add pork; cook until juices evaporate and meat browns, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Add chiles, cumin and garlic. Saut? 5 minutes. Add 4 cups water. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat until meat is very tender and sauce just coats meat, about 1 hour. If necessary, increase heat and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced and just coats meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm over medium heat, adding 1/2 cup water to loosen mixture if necessary.)
- Makes about 4 cups
- This meat can be used in burritos or tacos, etc.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- baconlover Wadena, MN
- elgourmand Apia, WS
- gourmetdad Vernal, UT
- juels Clayton, NC
- chefperiwinkle Scarboro, CA
- chatombreux Gloucester City, US
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- chef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating7 people
This sounds GREAT, irish! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I love this stuff. Mexican comfort food, totally! Great post. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
love Chili Verde, our oldest daughter orders it once every time she goes to a new Mexican restaurant, she is on a quest to find the Holy Grail of chili Verde! Your recipe looks great, thank you for posting it.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!