Breakfast Egg And Sausage CasseroleFrom lor 7 years ago
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage - regular beef or pork or 50% less fat shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups bread cubes(sourdough works well) or croutons shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat or not ;) shopping list
- 2 large whole eggs shopping list
- 4 egg whites OR 1/2 cup egg substitute shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- Note: You can add spinach, mushrooms, onions, green or red shopping list
- bell peppers, chopped zucchini... whatever you like. shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until nicely brown, breaking up into bits with spatula as it cooks.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
- Add sausage to a large bowl along with toasted bread squares, cheese, mustard powder and salt, if desired.
- Add whole eggs, egg whites (or egg substitute) and milk to mixing bowl, and beat on medium-low speed until smooth and completely blended.
- Drizzle egg and milk mixture over the sausage and bread mixture.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Smooth top evenly, cover with foil, then chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered in foil, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake for about 20 minutes longer or until set.
- Makes 6 servings and maybe more depending on the appetites.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- NadineM Mississauga, Canada
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- jackaleenda566 Nowhere, Us
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- grk Houston, TX
- swanmitch Andover, MN
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating8 people
Hey my little guardian angel!!!! how are you???
nice to see you .......love these type of recipes great for am breakfasts and holidays ......a time saver but really delish too!!!
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
My former boss used to make this and bring it to work some mornings - too yummy! Thanks for sharing. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
wow love this recipe and the fact it makes a lot plus can have add ons yummy Thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it