Carne En AdoboFrom cmnjersey 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 pounds lean boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 6 chopped fresh tomatillos shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2 stale flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onion, garlic and pepper until onion is soft.
- Add meat and everything else except tortillas.
- Add more stock if needed so liquid barely covers meat.
- Cover, simmer gently 2 hours until beef is tender.
- Soak tortillas in water, squeeze them out and crumble.
- Add to casserole and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcmnjersey Edgewater Park, NJ
The Rating5 people
I like this dish, andi! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Sounds yummy thanks for sharing :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it