Breaded Pork Chops with GravyFrom sandysunshine 8 years ago
- 4-6 boneless pork chops 1-11/2” thick shopping list
- 2 c. milk shopping list
- 1 ½ c. Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour plus enough to dredge chops (1-2 c.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive or grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to your preference shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse and trim pork chops and pat dry.
- Season chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs.
- Let chops rest while oven is coming to temp.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown the chops on both sides.
- Place the chops in a 9x13 baking dish and bake covered 35-45 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- In the same skillet used for browning add enough oil to the drippings to make 2 tbsp.
- Add 2 tbsp of flour and make a roux (mixture should be thick like peanut butter).
- Cook roux 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk slowly and stir to combine.
- Add a little salt and pepper to your preference.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over the chops.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- kendevaughn Cooper, USA
- hunnybe Nashville, MI
- juels Clayton, NC
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- puddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- daidaismoma Langley, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksandysunshine Blaine, MN
The Rating10 people
Every now & then we splurge and have pork chops.....last nite we had chops/gravy with mashed potatoes & peas. Yum!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
wow on thispuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Mmmmmm! Thanks and my five, sandy..
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it