Pork SauerbratenFrom mark555 4 years ago
- 1 4-5 lb pork roast shopping list
- 2 med onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Cups vinegar shopping list
- 2 TBS brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 6 whole cloves (1/4 tsp ground cloves) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Cups water. shopping list
- leaves of 3-4 stalks of celery shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 12 old fashioned gingersnaps - Ground shopping list
How to make it
- Roll or dust roast with flour brown in shortening and place in crock pot, top with onion slices, garlic cloves bay leaves and celery leaves.
- Bring vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper and 2 Cups water to a boil. pour over pork roast and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot, strain so that you only have the liquid and bring the liquid to boil in a med to large sauce pan over med-hi heat. Cook down about 1/3 add ground ginger snaps and whisk until it is a desired thickness. (how thick do you like your gravy?) Shred or cut meat and serve the gravy on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating5 people
Sounds Great! but I was hoping for rabbit today;)efitobx in Norfolk loved it
I can't wait to read your intros, nearly as much as checking out the recipe. We love sauerbraten and trying it with pork would be a lovely tasty variation. All the best.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Hey efitobx ~ The old rascally rabbit got away I guess.karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!