Pork SauerbratenFrom mark555 7 years ago
- 1 4-5 lb pork roast shopping list
- 2 med onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Cups vinegar shopping list
- 2 TBS brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 6 whole cloves (1/4 tsp ground cloves) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Cups water. shopping list
- leaves of 3-4 stalks of celery shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 12 old fashioned gingersnaps - Ground shopping list
How to make it
- Roll or dust roast with flour brown in shortening and place in crock pot, top with onion slices, garlic cloves bay leaves and celery leaves.
- Bring vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper and 2 Cups water to a boil. pour over pork roast and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot, strain so that you only have the liquid and bring the liquid to boil in a med to large sauce pan over med-hi heat. Cook down about 1/3 add ground ginger snaps and whisk until it is a desired thickness. (how thick do you like your gravy?) Shred or cut meat and serve the gravy on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating6 people
Sounds Great! but I was hoping for rabbit today;)efitobx in Norfolk loved it
I can't wait to read your intros, nearly as much as checking out the recipe. We love sauerbraten and trying it with pork would be a lovely tasty variation. All the best.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Hey efitobx ~ The old rascally rabbit got away I guess.karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!