LINDAS SHRIMP TACOSFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- 6 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cheap olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced very fine shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, I use the chipolte for the smokey taste. shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 large yellow and red pepper, cored, seeded shopping list
- and cut into 1-inch squares shopping list
- 8 small (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas, warmed shopping list
- cilantro sprigs, for garnish shopping list
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 limes cut in wedges shopping list
- sour cream to which you have added more cilantro… and salt and pepper, go for taste on that, I like LOTS! shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the lime juice, oil, minced cilantro, cumin, salt and Tabasco, in a large bowl.
- Add the peeled shrimp and mix well;
- Set aside, NO LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES, THE LIME WILL COOK THE SHRIMP!
- Alternate the shrimp and pepper squares on eight 6 to 8 inch skewers. If using bamboo... SOAK FOR 1 HOUR!
- Place the skewers on a lightly oiled grill and brush the remaining marinade over.
- Grill until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, turning once, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Depends on the heat of your grill.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place on side of grill with no fire… to heat.
- Serve in the warm tortillas, cilantro sprigs and diced tomato if desired. Top with a squirt of lime and sour cream.
- Awesome! Yummy I can eat a ton of these!
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating6 people
Perfect timing for this post - I have been so hungry for fish tacos, and this shrimp one will hit the spot perfectly! I have some huge shrimp in the freezer waiting to be grilled - perfect for this (no more oven recipes while it's so blasted hot here...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Advise for anyone looking at this recipe: GO BUY SOME SHRIMP and get this one made...excellent, tasty, delicious. Great post, Linebb - keep 'em coming...you know how I love shrimp!!!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Your shrimp tacos ROCK!!! :)samjo in Gering loved it