Parmesan Fish Sticks With Cream SauceFrom juels 7 years ago
- 13 oz. flounder or any other white fish fillets (cod, haddock, sole, etc.) shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- vegetable oil, for deep frying shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For Cream Sauce: shopping list
- 4 tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 4 tbsp. mayo shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped pickles shopping list
- 1 tsp. capers shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped mixed fresh herbs, or 1 tsp. dried (such as dill, cilantro, parsely) shopping list
- For The Batter: shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg, separated shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- To make the Cream Sauce, mix sour cream, mayo, lemon rind, lemon juice, pickles, capers and herbs together. Place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the batter, sift flour into a bowl. Mix in the Parmesan, soda and a pinch of salt. Whisk in the egg yolk and milk in to the batter to make it thick, but smooth. Gradually whisk in 6 tbsp. water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff in a separate bowl. Gently fold it into the batter until just blended. Do NOT stir it in vigorously. Folding it gently will help make the batter light.
- Skin the fish and cut it into strips on an angle. Place the flour in a large shallow plate and season it with salt and pepper. Dredge the fish strips lightly in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a large pan, or a deep frier to the medium-high heat (about 350F).
- Dip floured fish into batter, then drop gently into the hot oil. Cook fish for about 3-4 minutes, turning once. Cook in batches to prevent the strips from sticking to each other. When the batter is golden and crisp, remove the fish with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, accompanied by the Cream Sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating10 people
my Girls will love this one thanks Juels great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
the batter for the fish sounds incredible.!!! ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Parmesan and fish. What a great idea. We can not wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing. You have our 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it