Fresh Tomato And Arugula PastaFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2-2/3 cups dried ziti or mostaccioli (8 ounces) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 to 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (3 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 4 cups arugula and/or spinach, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add tomato, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, red pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until the tomato is warm and release some of its juices. Stir in arugula and/or spinach; heat just until greens are wilted.
- To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture; sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating6 people
Another gr8 recipe of yours! I love spinach and am always looking for ways of using it.tinadc in Cape Town loved it
I just found arugula marked down at the market right next to tomatoes. this will be made tomorrow!
thank you for sharing.shai in Gainesville loved it