DIPPED CHERRY COOKIESFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- DIPPED CHERRY cookies shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, drained shopping list
- 12 squares (1 oz. each) white baking chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 2 tsp. shortening shopping list
- coarse sugar, red edible glitter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Knead in cherries, 2/3 cup white chocolate, extract until dough forms a ball.
- Shape into 3/4" balls.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in remaining sugar.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt shortening, remaining white chocolate at 70%
- power 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar, edible glitter.
- Place on waxed paper until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating8 people
Yeah baby you had me at white chocolate.......MMMMMM
nice post .....got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
I absolutely love this recipe. But Ihave to put it off until I complete this diet. Still, It is a super, wonderful recipe. Five Plus!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
YUM... a winner... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it