Steamship Round of Beef The Easy WayFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut slits in roast and insert garlic cloves (4 to 5 cloves per a three pound roast.)
- Season roast with ground black pepper.
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan and roast for 5 minutes pre pound.
- Turn oven off and let roast stand in oven WITHOUT OPENING OVEN DOOR for 2 hours.
- Turn oven on and roast as desired:
- 200 degrees for 30 minutes for rare.
- 300 degrees for 30 minutes for medium.
- 300 degrees for 60 minutes for well done.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Going to make this one tomorrow, my sister use to do something like this but I have never tried it. You have my 5, thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
I made this roast and it is fantastic and easy.
A must do again and again.Thanksnanny in Haddam loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!