Steamship Round of Beef The Easy WayFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut slits in roast and insert garlic cloves (4 to 5 cloves per a three pound roast.)
- Season roast with ground black pepper.
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan and roast for 5 minutes pre pound.
- Turn oven off and let roast stand in oven WITHOUT OPENING OVEN DOOR for 2 hours.
- Turn oven on and roast as desired:
- 200 degrees for 30 minutes for rare.
- 300 degrees for 30 minutes for medium.
- 300 degrees for 60 minutes for well done.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
I made this roast and it is fantastic and easy.
A must do again and again.Thanksnanny in Haddam loved it
Going to make this one tomorrow, my sister use to do something like this but I have never tried it. You have my 5, thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Sounds wonderful!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!