Dense Fudgy Vegan BrowniesFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 cup unsweetened packed pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or any flavouring of your choice) shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon, cloves, chili powder, cayenne, or ginger (optional, my favourite is cloves) shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Mix pumpkin, Splenda, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice (if using) together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix until just combined, adding boiling water if required.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 28min, until center is firm.
- Cool completely before slicing.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
The first brownie was good, while it was still warm. Once I tried a second after the rest had cooled I could tell that I over-spiced the batch. I think perhaps cloves, at least freshly ground (I keep mine in a pepper mill) are too strong for the deli...morekitchencrafter in loved it
Thanks for posting this, JoJoBa. I'm always on the lookout for interesting vegan twists on desserts, though I find vegan baking to be pretty hit or miss.
I made these this evening with ginger. They were moist, which was lovely, but a lit...morebunnyrock in Columbus loved it
I tried this recipe to the "T" this morning and they had a great consistancy, very moist and fudgy. Unfortunately they had next to no flavour.kaufmal90 in Toronto loved it