Cowbow SteaksFrom 77mini 4 years ago
- 4 10 Oz. Ribeye steaks (or substitute) ¾” to 1” thick shopping list
- 5 Teaspoon creole seasoning (or Cirocco Dry Rub) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup olive oil shopping list
- 6 Cups assorted fresh mushrooms (Chantarelles, Shiitake, oyster, Black Trumpets, Baby Bella’s) shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle steaks all over with creole seasoning; pound seasoning into meat once or twice with the side of a heavy knife or the palm of your hand.
- Heat oil in very large (or 2 separate large) skillet(s) over high heat.
- When oil is very hot and almost smoking, add steaks and sear first side only, about 4 minutes.
- Turn steaks to sear other side, 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, yellow and green onions, garlic, salt, 10 turns of ground pepper and the remaining teaspoon seasoning; sauté 2 minutes.
- Turn steaks again, dot with butter, cover skillet and cook 1 minute more.
- Serve with mushrooms, onions and sauce spooned over
The Cook77mini Buffalo, NY
The Rating6 people
Great recipe! Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
love steaks this way awsome all the wonderful flavor thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Feelin' the love on this one! Can't wait to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!