Lemon RisottoFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover to keep warm.
- Melt 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter with olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add rice; stir 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups hot broth; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 35 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Season risotto with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve. Makes 6 first-course or 4 main-course servings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
This sounds delightfully satisfying and refreshing. Must. Try. Soon.pieplate in Claremont loved it
I adore risotto, and this version sounds lovely!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds real good and easy to make.sayboya in Adelaide loved it
Italian Group93 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Every Thing Italian47 members
Food And Wine Anyone13 members