Baked Strawberry Crumble PieFrom verondear 9 years ago
- 3 pints (2 1/2 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2/3 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Your favorite 9" pie crust recipe or store-bought pie crust - thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake pie shell until pie crust is slightly browned.
- Fill pie crust (cooled) with strawberry mixture.
- Blend together flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs over strawberries.
- Bake at 400F on sheet of aluminum foil for 45 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cool, with cream if desired.
The Cookverondear Akron, OH
The Rating6 people
I just made this pie today. Our farmers' market had the ripest strawberries at 3 pints for $4, I had to buy them.
The pie is really lovely. I will make it again.
Two little thoughts -- make it in a 9 1/2" pie dish and also use weights whe...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
East to make with a store bought crust - I added a handful of blueberries as I felt it could use a bit more fruit. Very nice!marabsky in loved it
So what do we do with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt called for in the recipe but not mentioned in the instructions? Also, 3 pints of strawberries is way more than the 2-1/2 cups called for.dipshit in loved it