Magic Rub dust and BBQ RibsFrom jlv1023 6 years ago
- Dust Rub Recipe: shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup smoke paprika (hot or sweet, your liking) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup Sazon seasoning shopping list
- 5 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground ginger powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground rosemary shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- Use pork spareribs or baby back ribs, shopping list
- You can use beef ribs, but they cook much faster and you will need to watch them and remove earlier-they are good too. shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large mixing bowl mix all dust rub ingredients and if you have any lumps, crumble by hand or fork for a smooth powder.
- Note: To prevent cross contamination, use one hand to sprinkle the rub on the ribs and the other for rubbing. Do not put the hand that rubs into the powder.
- Also, This makes about 3 cups, store the balance in a tight fitting jar and store in refrigerator for later use.
- Rub the ribs all over with olive oil for easier rubbing and it makes a nice crusty rib, too.
- Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap, sealing well and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Day of cooking:
- Remove plastic wrap, in a large baking pan with a rack (so ribs do not cook in it's own grease) add about an 1/2" to 1" of water,
- Add ribs, meat side down (you may need to cut them to fit in pan)
- Broil for 10 minutes,
- Remove from oven and lower heat to 225
- Turn ribs over, meat side up and return to oven and cook for 4 hours slowly
- At the last 15 minutes you can brush your favorite BBQ sauce on them and broil for 10-15 minutes (DO NOT BURN)
- Get the napkins and pull them apart and start eating............
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating12 people
Yum yum yum! Can't wait to try these! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
wonderful, most like the best recipefora rub yet.thankskarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
Great post..Hope you don't mind that I added to Marinades rubs and glazes..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!