Southern Plate Fresh Strawberry PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and dry gelatin mix by stirring well.
- Add water and cook until thick and clear over medium high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Wash and hull strawberries, cut in half, and arrange over pie crust.
- When filling is cool, pour over strawberries, and chill pie until ready to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Anything strawberry is A in my book. This sounds fantastic and boy do I remember those Big Boy strawberry pies. Hated when they all shut down in my area. You have a winner here and 5 forks from me.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is my kind of pie! My mother used to make this for me and I love it! 5 Forks from me, too!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
This sounds so easy and delicious. Thanks for the great post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Southern Cooks560 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Companys Coming115 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
Delicious Foods39 members
A Fruity World45 members