Awesome Tuna Noodle CasseroleFrom mrswilliams 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. egg noodles shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%) shopping list
- 1 cup veggie broth shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 cans tuna, drained shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon old bay shopping list
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons french fried onions shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water in large saucepan, add noodles.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in med-large pan on med heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until soft.
- Romove onion/celery mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to pan.
- Once melted, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add broth and milk, and stir on low heat until thickened.
- Stir in tuna, peas, sauteed veggies, dill, old bay, and noodes.
- Season with salt.
- Pour into 2 quart baking dish.
- Stir panko and fried onions with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of tuna mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
The Cookmrswilliams Ventura, CA
The Rating5 people
Our family really likes tuna noodle casserole and we are always looking for a new way to make it. This sounds yummy and I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for your post! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Thanks - can't wait! I know we will love it..maggi in Grosse Pointe Woods loved it
A very nice touch. Tuna casserole is usually real ho hum but this should wake folks up in a very nice way. Have a 5elgourmand in Apia loved it