Mushrooms And Shrimp Penne In Bacon Tomato Cream SauceFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1lb penne pasta shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon, diced for frying(see photo for how I prepare bacon for such dishes) shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 2-3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can Italian style tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2T fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 block cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, leaving grease
- Add butter to pan
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic to pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Boil water for pasta, and cook per package directions.
- Add cream cheese to veggies and heat through while pasta cooks. Stir frequently to completely melt cream cheese.
- Add shrimp, green onions, basil and bacon and continue to cook until shrimp turns pink.
- In large bowl, combine drained pasta with sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating7 people
Sounds really good to me! Great post, thanks.m2googee in Tomball loved it
This sounds very yummy! I like the cream cheese in the sauce, too! Bookmarked, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
I think my family will love this dish! Your Veggie Jack Salad Recipe on a bed of Lactuca sativa (lettuce) might go well with it... :)
we'll try it tonight!mrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it