Chocolate Banana BreadFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 Cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 Cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for smearing in loaf pans shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 Cup sour cream shopping list
- P.S You can also add chocolate chips to the mixture or some chopped dried cherries?! shopping list
How to make it
- Position racks in center of oven and preheat to 400. Smear two 5 x 9 loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream cream butter and sugar using a high speed handmixer until creamy and fluffy and mixture is a light lemon color.
- With the mixer now on low, beat in the eggs, banana and coconut at low speed for a few minutes.
- Stir half of the sour cream into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon. Fold in the dry ingredients. Add remaining sour cream and stir until all are combined.
- Use a spatula and pour mixture into the two loaf pans.
- Bake at 70 to 75 minutes, but check frequently depending on your oven. (toothpick test)
- Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool.
- P.S When you cut this, it tends to fall apart a bit..That is normal with the rich and dense recipe, just an FYI..So good still! Use the crumbles on some ice cream. Life is good
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating12 people
OMG!!!! SHES WALKS SHE LIVES AND BREATHES AND CAN TYPE RECIPES LOL HAHAHAHA
WELL ITS ABOUT TIME MISS MARKY!!!
SOOOOOO GLAD TO SEE YA .........LOVE THE RECIPE TOO..HEY DONT LAUGH BUT I JUST SAW THIS YESTERDAY AND I WAS GONNA MAKE IT LOL I...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh wow, yummie, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
There ya go!! Mmmm.... yummyjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!