Grandmas Old Fashioned Lettuce SaladFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup of light cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar (I'll admit to adding nearly a tablespoon of sugar, I like the sweet/tart balance to be sharper) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cider or white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- a few grinds of black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium head of iceberg lettuce, cold and crisp. shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions, white and green part. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the light cream, sugar, vinegar and salt, blending thoroughly.
- In a salad bowl, break up the iceberg lettuce.
- Add the chopped scallions.
- Add the cream mixture.
- Toss and serve.
- Grandma used this dressing a lot. She would some times skip the green onions and add poppy seeds and dress a sliced melon with it. Her instructions also said it wouldn't hurt to crumble in a little bacon for the basic salad. (that makes it Sunday supper special)
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating7 people
Wonderful sounding old fashioned salad dressing. Great recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Yum,Yum!!!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Thanks for sharing this family recipe....Sounds wonderful.wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it