French Onion TartletsFrom natalie 6 years ago
- 1 full sheet of thawed puff pastry (rolled out) shopping list
- 2 TBS butter shopping list
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, (halved, then very thinly sliced) shopping list
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf shopping list
- 2 tsp thyme, or poultry seasoning shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 TBS beef bouillon mixed into 1/2 C. water shopping list
- Shredded swiss cheese (about 2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Add butter & olive oil into skillet, on medium heat. Add onions & bay leaf, season with thyme, salt, & pepper. Let onions cook until caramel colored. 15-20 min.
- When onions are fully cooked, deglaze the pan with bouillon and water. Let cook until all the water has been absorbed. Take out bay leaf & discard.
- Roll out puff pasty, & with a 2 1/2" round cutter, cut out pastry disks. Fit disks into a mini-muffin pan.
- Fill pastry with onion mixture and top with Swiss cheese.
- Bake for about 10min, or until the cheese has melted and the pastry is puffed up and flaky. Tarts could be made bigger, just by using a bigger pan
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooknatalie Moses Lake, WA
The Rating5 people
I love onions and this looks like a great way to eat them! I give you a golden fork and a high 5 on this one!dmajor in Slidell loved it
This sounds great! Can't wait to try this!alexa586 in Thorofare loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!