Chicken Benjamin Sandwich With Hollandaisy SauceFrom keni 7 years ago
- 8 medium, even sized, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 1 6oz block cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayo shopping list
- 1T each fresh parsley and basil, finely chopped shopping list
- 2t cayenne shopping list
- 5 large lemons shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- favorite season salt blend, including black pepper shopping list
- 8 hard rolls, sliced(I used sourdough ciabatta) shopping list
- about 2lbs fresh asparagus shopping list
How to make it
- Add juice of 4 lemons to large zipper bag or bowl with lid.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and about 2t seasoning blend and stir to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and shake or toss in marinade to cover.
- Refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 stick butter, mayo, cayenne, a dash of the salt blend and juice from 1/2 a lemon and stir well til combined and smooth. Add herbs and blend in. Set aside
- Grill* chicken breasts over medium coals until cooked through, turning once.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter and toss asparagus in 2T butter, juice from 1/2 lemon, and the seasoning blend, until well coated.
- With last of the melted butter, brush insides of all rolls.
- When chicken has been turned, add asparagus to grill and rolls, also, cut side down, but on indirect heat.(upper rack or outsides of grill rack, or, if needed, the asparagus and rolls can be added after chicken is removed from grill)
- Grill until asparagus is tender, and rolls are starting to brown. About 10 minutes.
- Let everything rest 5-10 minutes to cool slightly, then serve as sandwiches by spreading top roll with sauce, and placing cut asparagus spears on top of chicken breast on bottom roll.
- *This entire recipe can also be made, indoors, by broiling :)
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
One of my favorite "creations"... it was good on garlic bread with just plain cream cheese, but ciabatta's even better, and I love your take on the "hollandaisy" sauce. :) Perfect analogy for US, too: just fine until you come along, then you make me ...moremalty in Missoula loved it
Wanted to grill so this recipe was perfect! Haven't had chicken sandwiches in like forever so this satisfied my craving....the asparagus is a nice touch, never woulda thought of that myself! The best part though is the sauce/spread! It's soooo goo...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Luv this one its going in my Its a Keeper section cookbook thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it