Low Sugar Pineapple Upside-down CakeFrom rae760 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 slices canned pineapple in their own juices, drained shopping list
- 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute (splenda) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- In an 8x8 inch baking pan, over low heat, melt the margarine. Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar.
- Place the pineapple slices on the sugar mixture, centering the slices closely in the center of the pan so all the pieces are touching.
- Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the margarine and granulated sugar until blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until smooth, about 30 seconds. The batter will be thin.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter in thirds, alternating with milk, blending until smooth, 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter on top of the pineapple mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
- Unmold by sliding a thin knife around the cake, pressing against the pan. Invert onto a cake plate.
- Serve warm.