1015 ONION RINGSFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 3 large Texas 1015 onions shopping list
- 2 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper shopping list
- 2/3 c. water shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- salt, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice onions into separate rings.
- Pour buttermilk into a large shallow pan.
- Add onion rings and soak 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, red pepper, water, egg, 1 T. oil, and lemon juice; stir until smooth.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Remove onion rings from buttermilk and dip into batter.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired
- The cook time is for each batch or load...
- DO NOT OVER FILL FRYER OR THEY WILL BE GREASY AND SOGGY.