Watermelon Agua FrescaFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 1 very ripe, red seedless watermelon, about 12 lb. shopping list
- juice of 4 limes shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup crushed fresh mint leaves, plussprigs for garnish shopping list
- 4 cups sparkling water shopping list
- 3 limes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 quarts ice cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the watermelon in half and, using a metal spoon, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Working in batches, puree the watermelon in a blender or food processor. As each batch is ready, transfer it to another large bowl.
- Add the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves to the puree, and stir to dissolve the sugar and combine the ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Pour the watermelon mixture through a medium-mesh sieve into a large, clear glass jar. Add the sparkling water, lime slices and ice. Ladle or pour into glasses and garnish each glass with a mint sprig. Serves 8.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- californiacook CA
- mother_earths_moon_child Morrilton, AR
- dashby Rohnert Park, CA
- showmegirl Midwest, MO
- ladyarp Hixson, TN
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating8 people
This looks & sounds SOOOO GOOD right now. (It's about 100 deg out.) Luv WS & Sunset. Another 5 forks to you!!!californiacook in loved it
sounds very refreshing... love watermelon..^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Mmmmmm i just love watermelon .............great!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it