Lemon Chipotle Bacon Wrapped Scallops With Dipping SauceFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2lbs scallops, fresh or thawed shopping list
- 1lb bacon, sliced in half, and each slice then halved, lengthwise, or as needed to fit around scallops shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon(reserve about 1t for sauce) shopping list
- 1T Dijon shopping list
- 1-2t adobo sauce from canned chipotles, to taste shopping list
- 2T butter, melted(or sub olive oil) shopping list
- 1T fresh parsley, finely chopped(optional) shopping list
- sea or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- metal or bamboo skewers shopping list
- Chipotle Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1t Dijon shopping list
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, very finely diced, and not rinsed(this is 1 pepper, not 1 can OF peppers :) shopping list
- dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2T butter, softened shopping list
- reserved lemon juice, from above shopping list
- 1T grated onion or 1t onion powder shopping list
How to make it
- If using bamboo skewers, submerge them in water and set aside, to soak.
- Combine melted butter, Dijon, adobo sauce, lemon juice and salt and pepper in large zipper bag or plastic container.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Add to marinade and carefully toss or fold, to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place bacon strips(enough to have 1 piece for each scallop) on cooling rack over deep baking sheet and bake at 450 for a few minutes until beginning to cook, but still pliable.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop. Secure with toothpick, if needed, or just use end of skewer to fasten ends of bacon together to help secure it to the scallop.
- Skewer scallops on skewers and grill over medium coals 2-4 minutes, each side, depending on size of scallops. Do not over cook.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
If I can find some descent scallops today this will be part of dinner tonight. Looks great!gourmetdad in Vernal loved it
Oh, wow! Lemon? Chipotle? Bacon? Scallops? Such delicious ingredients on their own ~ putting them together must be an amazing flavor explosion! This is going on the menu as an appetizer for a special occasion in 2 weeks!rhianna in loved it
I made this for a special occasion & it was very nice. Although chipotles are extremely hot, they weren't in this dish. So I added more chipotle & lemon juice to the dip, & more adobo sauce to the marinade after tasting it as written. Since the scall...morerhianna in loved it