KAHLUA CHOCOLATE CAKEFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredient: shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¾ cup strong cold coffee shopping list
- ¾ cup Kahlua shopping list
- Kahlua Frosting: shopping list
- 6 Tbs. butter creamed shopping list
- 1 Lb. powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. Kahlua shopping list
- 3 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 Tbs. hot coffee shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans. Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2)Beat egg whites until frothy; then beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 3)Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- 4)Mix flour, cocoa, and baking soda together.
- 5)Add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and Kahlua; blend well.
- 6)Fold egg whites into batter.
- 7)Pour into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- 8)Cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack; remove pans. Cool before frosting.
- Kahlua Frosting:
- 1)In a large bowl, cream 6 Tbs. butter and 1 Lb. Powdered sugar.
- 2)Add 3 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 Tbs. Kahlua and 3 Tbs. hot coffee; beat until smooth. Spread between layers, then spread over cake. Serve.