Mixed Berry Spoon CakeFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 4 pints strawberries (2 pounds), hulled and quartered shopping list
- 2 pints blackberries (12 ounces) shopping list
- 2 pints raspberries (12 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cups sugar, for the filling shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, for the batter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Make the filling: In a bowl, toss the berries with the sugar and cornstarch and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the batter: Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and vanilla. Whisk the liquid into the dry ingredients until evenly moistened, then whisk in the melted butter until smooth.
- Spread the filling in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spoon the batter on top, leaving small gaps. Bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbling and a toothpick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
- For a tasty variation on the filling, use 4 pounds of stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, and apricots) cut into large wedges; or 4 pounds of plums, cut into 1-inch cubes; or 6 pints of blueberries plus 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating8 people
Looks fantastic! Thanks for a great post!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Im dreaming of berries now! This recipe is a keeper thats forsure..thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
Just love this and have the best day...this is good eat'n.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it