Old-fashioned Apple PieFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend spices, set aside
- Place pastry into 9 inch pie pan
- Peel and core apples and slice about 1/4 inch thick
- Mix spices through apples
- Heap into pie shell. apples should be in a large mound as they will shrink while cooking. If not enough apples, add more.
- Dot with butter
- Place top shell over apples and flute edges
- Cut vent holes. You can cut little triangles or diamonds, or whatever. use cut out pieces to decorate crust.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is browned and apples are tender.
- Note: Use a cooking apple such as Granny Smith.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating6 people
I was looking for my grandmother's pie recipe to share at a family reunion. Nobody ever wrote it down. I knew the ingedients, but not the measurements. This is it. And there is nothing any better. Thanks for posting in response to my message.ramlynrose in Pearl loved it
ummmm I need a nice slice of cheddar with this!helewes in Newton loved it
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was so good I'm making it for Christmas! Thank you!!!!jenniferastra in Richfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!