Roast Beef Panini with Sun-dried Tomato Mayo Pickled Peppers and OnionsFrom justjakesmom 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tsp. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1 tsp. ketchup shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1/3 cup red onion, slivered shopping list
- 1/3 cup pickled sweet cherry peppers, sliced (here I used peperoncini) shopping list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 slices of white or wheat sourdough bread 1/2" thick shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (I just sliced it thin, so it would melt easily) shopping list
- 4 oz. deli roast beef, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mayonnaise, tomatoes, garlic, horseradish, ketchup, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Toss onion, peppers, and pepper flakes together in another bowl. Drizzle with some of the pickling juice from the peppers; let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; spread mayonnaise on the other side. Sprinkle cheese on two of the slices, arrange beef on the cheese, then top with peppers/onions.
- Place the other slices of bread on the peppers, buttered side up.
- Toast sandwiches on both sides using a heavy skillet on top of sandwich as a weight.
- Cook over medium heat. When first side is golden brown, flip and reweight to finish.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjustjakesmom Everett, WA
The Rating8 people
Yummy!!! It's a good thing I just finished dinner :)californiacook in loved it
Didn't need a picture - I'm already drooling! Love the mayo flavors!
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Wonderful! ^5 of course and saved.victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!