Italian Amaretto CookiesFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1)In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the margarine with sugar until well blended. Add egg and extracts; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour and salt; beat until well combined ( mixture will be crumbly ). Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface and shape into a ball;flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2)Preheat oven to 350º. Using a floured rolling pin, roll ½ of the dough on a well-floured surface until slightly less than ¼ -inch thick. With a cookie cutter ( can use shaped cutters of various designs ) cut and arrange about 1-inch apart on a un-greased baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 3)Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden ( Cookies should not be brown ). Let stand 1 minute; remove cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 4)If desired, to glaze cookies, blend ½ cup confectioners sugar, 1 ½ Tbs. water and 1 drop of red food coloring, and sprinkle can be added also. With a pastry brush, brush tops of cookies with sugar mixture and add sprinkles while wet, then let dry before storing in a airtight container.
- VARIATION: For Orange Cookies, substitute 2 tsp. Orange extract for the almond extract.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
These are a complete 5 in my book, great post! I hope my 5 raised the rating!midgelet in Eastern loved it
A 5 from me too.victoriaregina in USA loved it
These sound so very good - great post, five forks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!