Kung Pao CrawfishFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 1 pound crawfish tails in fat. shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper thin sliced shopping list
- 2 green onions chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, veined and cut in half, then thin sliced. shopping list
- 1 tbs graded ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts shopping list
- 2 small dried red hot peppers shopping list
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes or to you taste. shopping list
- For the season sauce: shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp rice or any white wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp white vinegar shopping list
- Marinate: shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the craw fish with corn starch and soy sauce and marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Mix the seasoning sauce and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok and stir fry the crawfish until it is light brown, remove and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, stir fry the veggies until they are slightly tender.
- Add the fresh ginger and stir fry for about 10 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the seasoning sauce, stirring until thick.
- Add the crawfish, stir until thoroughly heated.
- Add hot peppers and flakes cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, add peanuts, mix well and serve over white steamed rice.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating7 people
Kung Poa is a favorite of mine - crawfish is a natural as I am from Texas. This sounds so good. Now the only problem is living in Seattle, Washington - you don't get crawfish very often!
5 forks to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This sounds great. The sauce for Kung Pao would go so well with crawfish since they have an almost gamey flavor.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
agree with Val and Joe!!
what a good recipe - I love crawfish (well we call 'em crayfish here in the uk)
Thanks and a 5 from me. Printing it out as we speak.
sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!