Chicken With Parmesan Coating and Mozzarella SauceFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 cup soft fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce or marinara or homemade shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- hot cooked pasta, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with foil; spray with olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray. Heat oven to 350°.
- In a food processor, grind crumbs, Parmesan, basil, parsley, and a dash of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt until fine. Pour into a plate or shallow bowl.
- Pound chicken lightly to flatten evenly.
- Beat egg with the milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- In an 11x7-inch baking dish, pour about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce. Arrange the cooked chicken on the sauce; pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked and drained pasta or noodles.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Sounds wonderfully tasty. Easy too. ^5 and saved my friend.
Vvictoriaregina in USA loved it
Yummy! I love the use of fresh bread crumbs. Five forks for this one!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
This is so good, 5 forkshenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!