Chicken With Parmesan Coating and Mozzarella SauceFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup soft fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce or marinara or homemade shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- hot cooked pasta, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with foil; spray with olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray. Heat oven to 350°.
- In a food processor, grind crumbs, Parmesan, basil, parsley, and a dash of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt until fine. Pour into a plate or shallow bowl.
- Pound chicken lightly to flatten evenly.
- Beat egg with the milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- In an 11x7-inch baking dish, pour about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce. Arrange the cooked chicken on the sauce; pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked and drained pasta or noodles.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
We like our chicken parmesan around here and this was a good one! I baked my chicken 25 minutes. Added a review in the IMI group ------------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Quick, easy, tasty. Like using fresh soft bread crumbs.
12/26/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Sounds wonderfully tasty. Easy too. ^5 and saved my friend.
Vvictoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!