Pepperoni Pizza ChickenFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni shopping list
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz) shopping list
- 1 Tb olive oil shopping list
- 4 c water shopping list
- 1 pkg (7oz) uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 jar (1lb.8oz.) tomato pasta sauce (any variety) shopping list
- Choped fresh basi,if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts flat on cutting surface. With knife parellel to cutting surface.,cut a lenthwise slit in each chicken breast,forming a pocket,keepin other 3 sides intact. Stuff each chicken breast with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese,pressing edges of each breast to seal.
- In 12" non-stick skillet,heat oil over med-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 9 mins,turning occasionally till well browned on both sides. (Chicken pockets will open slightly during cooking.). Remove from skillet;set aside.
- In same skilet, slowly add water so as not to splatter. Increase heat setting to high. Heat water to boiling. Add macaroni,cook about 3 mins or till almost tender. Do not drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Heat to boiling. Retuen chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 8 to 10 mins or till juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut. Garnish with basil.
- For extra cheesy dinner,sprinkle with additional shredded mozzarell cheese. It will melt on it's own as it stands.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Well, yum! :) I like that the pasta cooks in the skillet. I'm saving this! Thank you!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I like this!a1patti in Salem loved it
I cut this recipe in half and my pan was almost overflowing with pasta! This makes a bunch. Get a big pan if you are making the whole recipe. The other suggestion I would make is to use a flavorful pasta sauce. I used a plain sauce without thinking...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it