Pepperoni Pizza ChickenFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni shopping list
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz) shopping list
- 1 Tb olive oil shopping list
- 4 c water shopping list
- 1 pkg (7oz) uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 jar (1lb.8oz.) tomato pasta sauce (any variety) shopping list
- Choped fresh basi,if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts flat on cutting surface. With knife parellel to cutting surface.,cut a lenthwise slit in each chicken breast,forming a pocket,keepin other 3 sides intact. Stuff each chicken breast with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese,pressing edges of each breast to seal.
- In 12" non-stick skillet,heat oil over med-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 9 mins,turning occasionally till well browned on both sides. (Chicken pockets will open slightly during cooking.). Remove from skillet;set aside.
- In same skilet, slowly add water so as not to splatter. Increase heat setting to high. Heat water to boiling. Add macaroni,cook about 3 mins or till almost tender. Do not drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Heat to boiling. Retuen chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 8 to 10 mins or till juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut. Garnish with basil.
- For extra cheesy dinner,sprinkle with additional shredded mozzarell cheese. It will melt on it's own as it stands.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Well, yum! :) I like that the pasta cooks in the skillet. I'm saving this! Thank you!frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
I like this!a1patti in Salem loved it
I cut this recipe in half and my pan was almost overflowing with pasta! This makes a bunch. Get a big pan if you are making the whole recipe. The other suggestion I would make is to use a flavorful pasta sauce. I used a plain sauce without thinking...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it