Tyropsomakia Cheesy Bread bunsFrom hungerhealer 4 years ago
- 1 kg flour shopping list
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 400 gr original feta cheese coarsely crushed with a fork shopping list
- 15 gr dry yeast shopping list
- 10 gr backing powder shopping list
- seasame seeds shopping list
- 1 egg beaten with a fork shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pinch of ground nutmeg ( not more !! ) shopping list
- 1/2 waterglass of white wine shopping list
- love and passion for cooking !! shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour , oil , yeast , salt , backing powder , nutmeg and wine in a kneading bowl
- Knead mixture adding little water when needed until you have a non-sticky dough . Don't over knead !!
- Add Feta cheese and knead a little more until the cheese has intergrated .
- Divide dough into ten equal pieces .
- Apply some oil on the surface of a shallow ovenpan and sprinkle with some flour . This will prevent the buns to stick .
- Press each piece of dough between your hands in a circular motion to form a disc and then fold to form a semicircle , softly pressing together the two meeting edges .
- Place them in the pan and using a brush , apply the beaten egg on the top side . Add sesamee seeds .
- Bake in preheated oven , on the second lowest scale for 50 min at a temp of 170 degrs Celcius . When top sides are golden brown , the buns are ready . Do not grill .
- Let them cool for 30 min .
- Kali orexi ( bon appetite ) !!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookhungerhealer Athens, GR
The Rating7 people
great recipe...superb!!!puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Delicious recipe and so interesting to have the history!leonora5 in Kleinemonde loved it
I do love reading your recipes! I love history almost as much as I love cooking. As always, great post!ladyarp in Hixson loved it