Sweet onion PieFrom hot_it_up 5 years ago
- 1 (9-inch) pie pastry shopping list
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- 2 1/2cups chopped sweet onions shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- few shakes of hot sauce (optional to you not me) shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and prick the pastry again. Return to the oven and bake until it is lightly brown. Remove and cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet. Crumble the bacon and set aside. Cook the onions in the drippings over medium heat, stirring until soft and lightly golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and spoon into the pie shell. Sprinkle with the bacon and cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add the milk, salt, paprika and hot sauce. Mix well. Pour into the pie shell over the onion mixture. Bake until the mixture sets, about 1 hour. Remove and let stand for about 5 minutes before slicing to serve.