Crispy Potato SkinsFrom jay60411 7 years ago
- 6 small to medium russet baking potatoes (total 3 lbs) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 6 strips of bacon shopping list
- 4 oz. grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced, including the greens of the onion) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes clean.
- Rub with olive oil and bake for about an hour or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- While potatoes are baking fry the bacon in a frying pan on medium low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels, let cool & crumble.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Cut in half vertically.
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides, reserving the scooped potatoes for another use. Leave about a 1/4 in. of potato.
- Increase oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush or rub grape seed oil or canola oil all over the potato skins, outside and in.
- Sprinkle with salt, place on a baking rack in a roasting pan (don't use a cookie sheet it will warp).
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Arrange potato skins skin-side down on the roasting pan or rack.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, cheese and bacon bits.
- Return to the oven, broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove form the oven, use tongs to place skins on a serving plate.
- Add a small scoop of sour cream to each skin & sprinkle with green onions.
The Cookjay60411 Sauk Village, IL
The Rating12 people
I love potato skins!! They are well worth the work that goes into them. ^5!a1patti in Salem loved it
Sounds nice and crispy.Love it!5 forks
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
Love this recipe. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it