Georgia Peach Puree BreadFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margaine, room temperature shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups pureed peaches ( fresh is best but one can use canned- even baby food peaches are okay substitute) shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or as neede to make a cake batter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and chopped pecans and stir until blended.
- Pour into two loaf pans approximately 5- x 9-inches in size, that have been well greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let bread cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Then wrap and let mellow overnight.
- May be frozen.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
my kinda recipe awsome thanks bunches.high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
oh, how lovely, will try this one soon!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
A Fruity World45 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members