Chicken ChasseurFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons dry vermouth (or dry white wine) shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock shopping list
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until browned, turning, about 8 minutes in all. Remove. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Raise the heat to moderately high. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the vermouth and bring back to a simmer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, thyme, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices. Reduce the heat; simmer, covered, until the chicken is done, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the parsley and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve with rice, noodles or buttered potatoes.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating4 people
I think my grandmother used to make this. Sounds delicious! 5er!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Now you've made me hungry! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it