Sausage And Pepper Lasagna RollsFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 5-oz Italian turkey sausage, casings removed shopping list
- ½ cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper shopping list
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano shopping list
- ¼ tsp. fennel seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes ( no salt added ) shopping list
- 4 ½ -oz lasagna noodles ( about 6 noodles ) shopping list
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 ½ -oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¾ -oz freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- 1)To prepare sauce, spray a large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add sausage, peppers, onion, ½ teaspoon of oregano and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring frequently to break up meat, 5-7 minutes, until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes, until thickened.
- 2)Preheat oven to 350.
- 3)In a large pot of boiling water, cook lasagna noodles 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and arrange on clean kitchen towel to dry.
- 4)In medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, egg, Parmesan, the remaining ½ tsp. Of oregano and the pepper flakes.
- 5) Spread equal amounts of ricotta mixture over each noodle. Roll up from short end, jelly-roll style. Spread ½ cup of the sauce in an 8” square baking pan; arrange rolls, seam side down, over sauce. Spoon the remaining sauce over rolls.
- 6)Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes, until bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes. Place 1 roll on each of the 6 plates; top with one-sixth of the sauce and serve.
- Serving size: 1 roll
- Calories per serving: 246, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 319mg, Carbohydrate: 25g
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
thanks to you and the nutritionist for this awsome post. Luv it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
High 5 for a good recipescuzpat in Sikeston loved it
good post.. thank you and five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it