Blueberry Buttermilk PancakesFrom staceyfish 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 a stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, egg yolks, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined.
- On high speed, beat the egg whites until they have formed peaks that are stiff but not dry. Fold them into the batter until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until the top of each pancake is speckled with bubbles and some of them have popped. Flip the pancakes and cook until the underside is lightly browned. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish cooking the rest of the batter. Serve with maple syrup, honey, or blueberry sauce, or plain. Makes 12 pancakes.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookstaceyfish Anchorage, AK
The Rating4 people
I use to have a great recipe with corn meal and lost it,,, I will definatly try yours....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Made a great, light cake. Overall 4 stars which rates high in my book. Thanks for sharing.mrcooksalot in Denver loved it
It's a good cake, quite filling.
See Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakespointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!