Ma Fas BobotieFrom urkyle 5 years ago
- (South Africa worked in imperial lbs and oz in those days) shopping list
- 2¼ lb [1 kg] minced meat [ground beef] shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) butter shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 thick slice bread shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (12.5 ml) apricot jam shopping list
- 2 heaped tablespoons (30 ml) curry powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (50 ml) lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup (75 g) seedless raisins shopping list
- 10 sun dried apricots shopping list
- 12 almonds nuts, quartered shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pepper shopping list
- 6 lemon leaves shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté the onions in butter. Soak the bread in half the milk. Mix all the ingredients except the eggs, the remainder of the milk and the lemon leaves. Spoon into a casserole spread evenly and press in the lemon leaves. Beat the milk and eggs and pour over the meat. Bake in a medium oven 350 [ºF] (180ºC), for about 45 minutes. Serve with rice, chutney, chopped nuts.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookurkyle ZA
The Rating12 people
This sounds wonderful, as do your memories. Thanks for the post.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
This sounds fantastic!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I am going to cook this "5"FORK!!!!!
'Comfort recipe' for my Family very soon!
I just love the combination of 'Flavors'~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
The 'Family Memories' are 'priceless'!
I added your recipe...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!