Layered Fiesta CasseroleFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Thick 'N chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- BROWN meat with peppers in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in salsa, tomatoes and corn.
- SPREAD 1 cup meat mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Cover with layers of half each of the remaining meat mixture and cheese; top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 min. or until melted.
- Tips Make Ahead:
- Assemble casserole as directed. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 min. or until heated through. Top with cheese; continue as directed.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating11 people
Sound nice and good! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
What a great casserole! Many thanks for posting this five recipe.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Looks good, Val. Thanks.wttothemax in SE loved it