Filetto SauceFrom dixiejet 8 years ago
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 lg onions,chopped fine shopping list
- 3/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1 t. fresh oregano or 1/3 t. dried shopping list
- 2 T. fresh basil or 2 t. dried shopping list
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 lb ripe roam tomatoes, peeled,seeded & chopped (or a 2-lb can of plum tomatoes, put thru a food mill) shopping list
- 1/2 t. sugar shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. shells or other substantial pasta shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, add the garlic & saute' just until it begins to color (only a minute or two) . Add the onions and saute' till they become opaque . Add the salt, oregano, basil, & red pepper flakes . Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar then bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer , uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minuted or so .
- Taste for seasoning and add pepper as you wish & pour over cooked pasta.
- *Tomato paste or puree should NOT be substituted
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookdixiejet Downsville, LA
The Rating4 people
This sounds so good.... Cant wait to try it...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Wonderful sauce, very nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Nice and easy and all ingredients I always have on hand....thanks!! Kkathye in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!