Grandmas EnchiladasFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck -eye roast ,trimmed and cut in 1-1/2" pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 onions ,minced shopping list
- 3 Tbs chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c red wine shopping list
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 12 (6") corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef: Adjust oven rack tp lower-middle position and heat to 300 degrees. Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbs oil in large Dutch oven over med-high heat until just smoking. Cook half of the beef,turning occasionally,until well browned all over,about 8 mins. Transfer to large bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Cook aromatics: Pour off all but 1 Tbs fat from pot. Add onions and 1/2 tsp salt and cook over medium heat till softened,about 8 mins. Stir in chili powder,cumin,coriander,cayenne and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook till spices darken ,about 2 mins. Add garlic and cook until fragrant ,about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and wine and bring to a boil.
- Braise the beef: Add browned beef along with any accumulated juices to pot. Transfer pot to oven and cook,covered till meat is fork-tender,2 to 2-1/2 hours. Transfer beef to large bowl. Strain sauce through fine mesh strainer,discarding solids and set aside. ( You should have about 2 cups of sauce).
- Make filling: Increase oven temp to 375. Spread 3/4 c sauce over bottom of 9x13" baking dish;set aside. When beef is cool enough to handle,shred into bite-size pieces. Add 1 c cheese and additional 1/4 c sauce and toss to combine.
- Assemble: Spray tortillas on both sides with spray and arrange on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until warm and pliable,about 1 min. Arrange warm tortillas on work surface. Place 1/3 c beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Roll tightly and arrange,seam -side down,in prepared dish.
- Bake: Pour remaining sauce evenly over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake till cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through,20 to 25 mins. Serve with chopped cilanto and lime wedges.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating16 people
great tastey post luv the flavor combo.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
OMW (Oh My Word) Girl, will u be my Personal chef PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Now, this is a recipe one waits a long time for. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it