Sunday Chicken and RiceFrom modmom50 6 years ago
- one cut up fryer chicken shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice ( I prefer converted rice) shopping list
- 1 (10oz) bag of frozen peas and carrots (or other favorite veggie of yours) shopping list
- 1 pkg onion mushrrom soup mix shopping list
- 1 can golden mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 soup can of milk shopping list
- 1 small can drained mushroom slices shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste ( I don't use salt as soup mix has plenty in it) shopping list
- poultry seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw but not cook the frozen veggies. ( I have added them frozen without problems when I was in a hurry )
- Combine the veggies, soup mix, soup, milk, garlic, rice, and mushrooms together.
- Spray a 13x9 casserole with Pam type spray.
- Pour the rice veggie mixture into the dish.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and place in a 350°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Uncover the dish and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes to brown up the chicken.