Chocolate Toffee Caramel BarsFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 32 vanilla caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 package butter Recipe yellow cake mix (my fave is Pillsbury Moist Supreme) shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup Heath Toffee Bits (Bits-o-Brickle) shopping list
How to make it
- I TOLD you, you didn't want to know the fat content of these!!
- Unwrap the caramels and put them in a microwaveable bowl.
- Add the butter and sweetened condensed milk; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs, blending well (batter will be very thick).
- Stir in chocolate chips, white chips and toffee bits.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, melt the caramel mixture in the microwave, stirring frequently until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove crust from oven and slowly pour caramel mixture over hot crust.
- Top with reserved crust mixture - it's really thick, so I just take chunks of the mixture and break it up over the caramel filling.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until top is set and edges are a golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes and then run a sharp knife around edges of the pan to loosen the bars.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
I will try these today and let you know but I'm certain they'll be as INCREDIBLE as they sound! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!...
.....It is now 5 hours later and all I can say is WOW!! These are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!adacowan in loved it
Oh my goodness, these were the biggest hit at the food drive at church. We all brought treats while we packed the bags of donations. These vanished in minutes. I'm not thinking about what happened to my low-carb day.....these were too good to resi...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
You can bet your sweet patooty I'll be adding these to the menu!!! Thanks...uhh...I think!! ;) I'll let you know when I have to get the sweat pants back out!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it