Chile Relleno CasseroleFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 3 cans of whole green chile, mild, drained split shopping list
- 2 tsp of softened butter shopping list
- 1 chub of breakfast sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Mild), browned and crumbled, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup of mild salsa shopping list
- 2 heaping tbsp of flour shopping list
- 1 tsp of sazon seasoning (seasoned salt) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese shopping list
- 6 slices of muenster cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 can of evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown, crumble and drain breakfast sausage.
- Add salsa, season salt, pepper and flour and stir until well mixed.
- Cool slightly.
- Butter an oval casserole (2 quart) very well.
- cover the bottom of the casserole with 1/2 of the green chile.
- Top with three slices of muenster cheese
- Top with 1/2 of the sausage mixture.
- Repeat layers, chiles, muenster, sausage mixture.
- Beat eggs with evaporated milk.
- Cover meat/chile mixture with shredded cheese evenly.
- Pour beaten eggs/milk overall.
- Put on a baking sheet (to guard against spillover) and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until puffed anc golden.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating11 people
Looks like a winner to me! Never had chile relleno with meat but this sounds wonderful! Thanks notcho! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yummy! thanks for sharing...^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Wonderful recipe! Jimmy Dean mild sausage is a great choice!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!