Steak With Green Chile PestoFrom juels 6 years ago
- For the steak rub: shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. good quality steak shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- For the green chile pesto: shopping list
- 2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts (can sub with walnuts) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Score both sides of steak with a sharp knife. Combine chili powder, salt, oregano, and pepper. Sprinkle over steak and rub in. Let marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak to medium (about 160F), or to your preference. Transfer to cutting board, cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the green chile pesto: In food processor combine peppers, fresh cilantro, parmesan cheese, nuts, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream. Process until smooth. Add more oil if you like the pesto thinner. Note*: this makes about 1 1/2 cups pesto.
- To serve, thinly slice steaks and top with green chile pesto.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating6 people
mmmm I want this! 5 forks :)sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
I really like what you're doing by combining heat with an oily element like pesto.
This begs for a bold Cabernet. The fats in both the pesto and the beef will do very nicely with the acids in the wine, and you'll be able to taste more of t...morebroadside in Richmond loved it
Wow, this sounds so interesting!!
Thanks-TerryRterryr in Henderson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!