Roasted Chicken Nachos With Green Chili-cheese SauceFrom lanabade 4 years ago
- 4 medium tomatillos,husked and rinsed shopping list
- 2 jalapenos,stemmed shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion,peeled and quartered' shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves/peeled shopping list
- 1 handfull cilantro leaves/coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 lime,juiced shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter(1/2 stick)1/4 cup all=purpose flour2 cups good chicken stock/room temperature shopping list
- 4 cups shredded jack cheese. shopping list
- 1 (1 pound)bag salted corn tortilla chips shopping list
- 1 (3lb.)whole roasted chicken/meat finely shredded/discard all skin and bones (I like rotiserre chickens ,plain flavored) shopping list
- Quick salsa: shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 2 green onions,white and green parts/chopped1 jalapeno,chopped. shopping list
- 2 handfulls fresh cilantro leaves/hand shredded.2 limes/juiced.kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. shopping list
- sour cream ang guacamole,for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the tomatillos,jalapenos,onion,and garlic.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.,until the tomatillos are soft.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Then put into a blender,
- Add the cilantro,lime juice,and cumin.
- Puree for a few seconds t blend
- Then pour in about 1/4 cup of water and process to a coarse puree;
- Taste and season with a generous pinch of salt.
- You should have now about 2 cups of this "SALSA VERDE"
- Make a rux by melting the butter over medium-low heat in a thick-bottomed sauce pan.
- Justas the foam subsides,sprinkle in the flour,stirring consantly with a wooden spoonor a whisk to prevent lumps.~
- Cook for 2-3 minutes to remove starchy taste from the flour,do not let it brown!
- Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and simmer for 8 minutes to thicken.'
- Once you have a good base,fold in 2 cups of the shredded Jack cheese.
- Mix until completely melted in the sauce.
- Stir in the prepared Salsa Verde until incorporated.
- Remove the green chili cheese sauce from the heat.
- Make a quick salsa by combining the chery tomatoes,onions,jalapeno,clantro,and limejuice in a bowl.
- Season to your taste with salt and peper,tossing to combine.
- To build these incredible nachos:
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a very large ovn-proof platter and cover it with a few andfulls of tortilla chis.
- follow with a portian of the shredded chicken,a coating of the cheese sauce
- and a nice sprinkle of remaining shredded Jack cheese.
- mak 3 or 4 layers of the nachos,depending on the size of the platter.
- BAKE:nachos untl all hot and gooey,about 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the tomato salsa over the top of the nachos and serve with a dish of sour cream on the side.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating12 people
Love the sound of this one! Thanks Lanajett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.tablescape in loved it
A real delicous recipe.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Party Food316 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Family Favorites139 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Mexican Cooking139 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Church Fellowship At GroupRecipescom28 members
Comfort Foods24 members
Awesome Chicken Recipes73 members
The Facebook Group Recipes Recipes Group46 members